Wednesday, March 23, 2022

The Quick and the Quirky;




   There are a lot of reasons i have for embracing the short story, and i'll get to them later, but for now suffice it to say that i have long been a fan. I have been writing short stories for the past decade, but without having a sounding board, they largely lay on my hard drive, or sat silently languishing on a few brightly coloured USBs. 
I joined the Parliament Street Writer's of Toronto about 12 years ago, and it was go time. Time to bring out my stories and subject myself to any abuse or praise i received. Happily, i found they were warmly received, and i was given helpful, positive suggestions. I went back to the keyboard and rewrote,, edited, slashed, added, completely rearranged in some cases, until i started to think, "Hey this ain't bad." 
Fast forward a dozen years or so, and it was time to give my dementia an outlet. Over the period of several months, with the help of my amazing formatter, Joan Frantschuk, "The Quick and the Quirky" became a real, live, breathing (well maybe not breathing) collection of my favourite creations.
They run from, sci-fi, horror, fantasy and stories about writer's and their characters; all coming from my rather dark, slightly skewed sense of humour. Despite the typical anguish of the writer, i can say i thoroughly enjoyed writing them and putting them into something i can share..
I hope you will give it a try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Land Ho

                                                                     Land Ho I believe I used the ship analogy to mark the progress of my n...