Thursday, April 25, 2024

Land Ho

                                                                     Land Ho

I believe I used the ship analogy to mark the progress of my new project, in the last post.

To refresh your memory that is where I take the posts from this blog and turn them into a book.

Why on Earth would i do that? Simple really. I had a lot of feedback from fellow writers and fellow not writers and they all stated that they thought these posts might provide help for people who are thinking of writing, but for myriad reasons have never put pen to paper, or fingertip to keyboard. 

People have their reasons, insecurity, fear of failure, even fear of success (more common than you think), no ideas, lack of time, no one to direct them, no knowledge of the process, lack of confidence. You get the idea. There are lots of reasons why people who seriously want to write, just end up never doing it.

The purpose of the blog and now the book is to help would be writers deal with these issues, and take the first step. And then to help the go through the next steps to completion. 

If they want to take it further, then I have walked them through my path to publication. 

All the way I keep making the disclaimer that i am not a writing professor or a best seller. However this will be my third book. I've had a lot of positive feedback and I have had a gas doing it all.

In this particular venture, I took all the posts, made each into a chapter, added a brief introduction and an illustration, just to make things more like the original blog.

I have taken several weeks to rework some of the posts, while leaving them as close to the original as possible. Also I have edited many times until I believe I am ready to send it off to my formatter. 

When that's done, she will send it back to me with suggestions. I will submit it again to her, and when we agree it is ready for prime time I will upload to Amazon-Kindle for the e-book, and then send it to another publisher to make hard copies.

Having done this before, the process is no longer daunting at all.

I also have had a lot of help with publicizing my last book from my writer's group, Indie Best Writer's out of L.A. and have learned a great deal about maximizing my brand on social media.

So as you can see, I have not docked yet, but i can see land straight ahead and I hope to set my feet on dry land shortly.

I thank you for your patience, and I do hope once this is available that it will do exactly what I hoped and that's to make the writing process a little big less scary, and in fact help would be writer's get out there and give it a go, and then find out how much fun the ride can be.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Land Ho

                                                                     Land Ho I believe I used the ship analogy to mark the progress of my n...